Troy J. Webber attended the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, where he graduated cum laude in 2009.
A proud member of the ‘Gator Nation,’ Mr. Webber began his career in criminal law as a clerk with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida in Jacksonville. There, he assisted federal prosecutors in the preparation of complex criminal cases and wrote appellate briefs submitted to the U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
In 2010, Mr. Webber joined the Office of the Public Defender for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit in Brevard County, Florida. As an Assistant Public Defender, he handled thousands of criminal cases and committed himself to learning the craft of a trial lawyer. He conducted dozens of trials over the course of his career and repeatedly demonstrated a fearless approach to putting a case before a jury.
Since entering private practice, Mr. Webber has continued to aggressively defend the rights of the criminally accused. His style of criminal practice sends prosecutors a clear message of trial readiness and an uncompromising commitment to outcomes that protect the interests of his clients.
Mr. Webber is a member of the Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is admitted to practice in all state courts of Florida and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (Jacksonville).
Bar / Court Admissions
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- The University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D., cum laude
- The University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, M.A., History, summa cum laude
- The University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude
Criminal Case Experience
- 3,000+ Criminal Cases
- Garant v. State, 05-2010-AP-005943, Circuit Court of Appeals, Eighteenth Judicial Circuit;
- Studstill v. State, 05-2011-AP-005835, Circuit Court of Appeals, Eighteenth Judicial Circuit;
- Bullock vs. State, 05-2010-AP-005972, Circuit Court of Appeals, Eighteenth Judicial Circuit (co-counsel);
- S.K.A. v. Adventist Health System / Sunbelt, Inc., Fifth District Court of Appeals, 5D15-2415;
- Hussein v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co, First District Court of Appeals, 1D14-1374;
- S.K.A. v. Adventist Health d/b/a Florida Hospital, Supreme Court of Florida, SC16-1389;
Civil Settlements / Verdicts
- $100,000.00- First party insurance lawsuit (2011)
- $96,000.00- First party insurance lawsuit (2012)
- $62,000.00- Breach of Contract; Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices; against boat dealership (2012)
- $41,000.00- Breach of Contract; Fraud; Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices; against motorcycle dealership (2012)
- $17,500.00- Negligence; Trespass; against local utility company and independent contractor (2013)
- $10,000.00- First party insurance lawsuit (2013)
- $8,000.00- Unlawful debt collection practices; against major telecommunications company (2013)
- $8,500.00- Breach of Warranty; Deceptive Trade Practices; False Advertising; against marine outboard engine manufacturer (2014)
Professional Associations / Memberships
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices
- Unlawful Debt Collection Practices
- Consumer Litigation
- Insurance Law
View Client Reviews