PETITION TO SEAL A CRIMINAL RECORD
Petitioner, ENTER NAME, by and through the undersigned attorney and pursuant to Rule 3.692, Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, and Section 943.059, Florida Statutes, hereby petitions this Honorable Court to seal all criminal history record information in the custody of any criminal justice agency and the official records of the Court concerning the above-captioned case, including, but not limited to: (i) any and all records of Petitioner’s arrest, citation, or notice to appear, and (ii) any and all records pertaining to Petitioner’s case. In support thereof, Petitioner states as follows:
- On or about December 21, 2012, Petitioner, a female whose date of birth is August 18, 1987, was arrested by the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office in connection with the charge of Grand Theft (F3).
- On January 29, 2013, Petitioner entered a plea of Guilty to the charge. As part of her sentence, Petitioner received a withhold of adjudication and was ordered to serve a twenty-four (24) month probationary term with eligibility for early termination after twelve (12) months.
- Probation was successfully terminated on January 24, 2014.
- Petitioner has never been adjudicated guilty of nor adjudicated delinquent for committing any of the acts stemming from the arrest or alleged criminal activity to which this Petition pertains.
- Petitioner has never been adjudicated guilty of a criminal offense or a comparable ordinance violation, nor adjudicated delinquent for committing a felony or a misdemeanor specified in Section 943.051(3)(b), Florida Statutes.
- The conduct for which Petitioner was charged is not a disqualifying offense under Section 943.059, Florida Statutes.
- Petitioner has not secured a prior records expunction or sealing under Sections 943.0585 or 943.059, Florida Statutes, former Section 943.058, Florida Statutes, former Section 894.14, Florida Statutes, or former Section 901.33, Florida Statutes, or any other law, rule, or authority of any state or jurisdiction.
- Petitioner has remitted all required processing fees and has submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement a complete Application for Certification of Eligibility to Seal a Criminal Record, which included a certified copy of the disposition of the above-described charge.
- Petitioner is not on probation or other court supervision with regard to the above-captioned case.
- A valid Certificate of Eligibility to Petition for a Seal or Expunge Order, issued by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, accompanies this Petition.
- A sworn statement by Petitioner meeting the requirements of Section 943.059, Florida Statutes, accompanies this Petition.
WHEREFORE, Petitioner, ENTER NAME, respectfully moves this Court to seal Petitioner’s criminal history record information with regard to the above-described case and matters.
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I HEREBY CERTIFY that, in accordance with Section 943.059(3)(a), Florida Statutes, and Rule 3.692, Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure, a true copy of the foregoing has been furnished to the Office of the State Attorney, Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida, and the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, 501 East Bay Street, Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida, by U.S. or electronic mail on this 22nd day of October, 2018.