CONTACT AN ATTORNEY
© 2013 HUSSEIN & WEBBER, PL | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DISCLAIMER | SITE MAP
RONCO BUILDING | 630 WEST ADAMS STREET, SUITE 206 | JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA 32204
The following is a sample Florida Motion to Terminate Probation, or Motion for Early Termination of Probation. These materials are provided for general reference only, and are not intended as a substitute for legal advice or for legal representation by a qualified criminal attorney in Jacksonville, Florida.
MOTION FOR EARLY TERMINATION PROBATION
Defendant, IMA PROBATIONER, by and through his undersigned attorney and pursuant to Section 948.05, Florida Statutes, hereby moves this Honorable Court for an Order permitting the early termination of Defendant’s probationary term. As grounds for this Motion, Defendant states as follows:
1. On July __, 20__, Defendant entered a plea of guilty to the charge of Felony Battery or Domestic Violence by Strangulation.
2. Upon acceptance of the plea, this Court withheld adjudication and sentenced Defendant to a probationary term of three years under the supervision of the Department of Corrections.
3. The general conditions of Defendant’s probation required Defendant to pay court costs and fees totaling approximately $________, to comply with monthly reporting obligations, to remain employed, to not leave his employment, residence, or county of residence without the consent of his probation officer, to avoid intoxicants to excess, to avoid association with drugs or persons associated with criminal activity, and to live without violating the law.
4. The special conditions of Defendant’s probation included enrollment in and successful
completion of a Batterer’s Intervention Program, submission to a mental health evaluation
and a follow-
5. The Order of Probation entered in the above captioned case provided that the “[C]ourt may at any time rescind, modify any of the conditions of [Defendant’s] probation, or may extend the period of probation as authorized by law, or may discharge [Defendant] from further supervision” (emphasis added).
6. Defendant has diligently complied with all terms and conditions of his probation.
7. Upon information and belief, Defendant’s Probation Officer has no objection to early termination of Defendant’s probation.
8. With the permission of Defendant’s Probation Officer, XXXX XXXXX, Defendant has relocated to XXXXX XXXXX, and thus is not in proximity to the Victim.
9. The rehabilitative functions of Defendant’s probationary term have been fulfilled. Walker v. State, 461 So. 2d 229 (Fla. 1st DCA 1984); Loeb v. State, 387 So. 2d 433, 436 (Fla. 3d DCA 1980).
10. Probation imposes a financial and personal hardship on Defendant, on Defendant’s family, and on Defendant’s employment and career prospects.
11. Early termination of Defendant’s probation would serve the best interests of justice and the welfare of society.
WHEREFORE, Defendant, XXXX X XXXXX, respectfully requests that this Honorable Court
enter an Order permitting the early termination of Defendant’s probationary term.
Alternatively, Defendant respectfully requests that this Court enter an Order placing
Defendant on non-
|Exposure of Sexual Organs|
|Resisting Arrest With Violence|
|Possession of Marijuana|
|Sale of Cannabis|
|Possession of Paraphernalia|
|Violation of Probation|
|Sealing and Expunging|
|Leaving the Scene of an Accident|