DEFENDANT, by and through the undersigned attorneys, respectfully moves this Honorable Court to enter an order limiting inquiry by the Pre-Trial Intervention Program with Defendant’s employer. As grounds for this Motion, Defendant states as follows:
- Defendant was arrested on July 13, 2014 for the offense of Possession of Cannabis (Over 20 Grams) (F3) and Possession or Use of Drug Paraphernalia (M1).
- Defendant is employed with Anonymous Automotive Group d/b/a Anonymous Honda (hereinafter referred to as “Anonymous Honda”), located at 111 Pacific Boulevard, Jacksonville, Florida 32225.
- On July 30, 2014, Defendant was referred to the Pre‑Trial Intervention Program by the Office of the State Attorney.
- Since the date of Defendant’s referral, the Pretrial Intervention Program has advised that they will contact Defendant’s employer to verify that he is currently working. They further advised that, if Defendant did not wish for his employer to be contacted, Defendant must obtain from the Court an Order Limiting Inquiry.
- The offense charged has no bearing on Defendant’s current employment with Anonymous Honda, and therefore Defendant moves this Honorable Court to limit inquiry by the Pre-Trial Intervention Program with the above-named employer.
WHEREFORE, Defendant respectfully requests the Court to issue an Order Limiting Inquiry with Defendant’s employer.